Water turf with a minimum of 1 inch of water within half an hour of install. Ensure all areas and edges are watered!
- Water daily or more often to keep turf moist
- Keep turf moist for approximately 10 days to 2 weeks, or until the roots are firmly established
- To check if roots are established, pick a piece of turf, preferably in the corner, and lightly pull up a small piece to see if the roots are grabbing. If the corner lifts up easily, with no resistance, then it has not quite established itself yet.
Water turf thoroughly in the morning and check in the evening to see if turf is drying out. If needed, soak again.
- Avoid short shallow watering; as longer, deeper soakings will encourage deep rooting conditions
- Minimum of 1 inch of water per week, once turf is established (hot weather will require more water)
Turf next to the sunny side of buildings, and along driveways or sidewalks, will absorb more heat and therefore tend to dry out quicker.