- Using a tape measure, measure and sketch the area to be turfed
- Proper measuring ensures proper turf amounts
- Determine the total square feet of your area to be turfed
- For a Square or Rectangle, the area = Length x Width
- For a Triangle, the area = Base (a) x Height (b) divided by 2
- For a Circle, take the radius (that’s half the distance across the middle of the circle) and square it.
- If the circle is 20 feet across, take half of that (10) and multiply it by its self.
- Circle’s Area = 3.14 x Radius²
- For example: 10 x 10 = 100, or 10² = 100, you would now multiply it with 3.14,
which is 100 x 3.14 = 314, therefore the area of a 20 foot circle would be 314 square feet.
- For irregular shapes break down the areas into rectangles, right triangles, and or circles, then calculate
We recommend adding 5-10% extra to allow for angles and edging